The weekend will include:
- Lessons from three international teachers: Meghan Gilmore (Canada), Martin Lasthein (Denmark) and Minou Ericson (Sweden).
- Friday and Saturday night parties featuring live music from our favourite local swing bands.
- A bluesy tea dance with live music from Bluesness and secret (sssh!) blues afterparty .
- A bad ass solo jazz battle.
- A Class on the history of swing music and dance.
- And of course plenty of Highland Spirit!
This stream is aimed at people who already have a grasp of basic Swing dancing and are in their first year of Lindy Hop. As a minimum we recommend having attended at least three months of regular Lindy classes. You should have a grasp of 6 and 8 count Lindy as well as 30's Charleston.
This steam is suited to those that have been dancing Lindy Hop regularly for at least a year if not two and beyond. You should be comfortable social dancing Lindy Hop and Charleston and be able to mix the two and be in the process of developing your own musicality.